Thursday 23 September 2010

Feeling sheepish...

Apologies to anyone who has been popping in recently, only to discover the same old rubbish that's been here for the past couple of weeks. I have no real excuses other than lethargy and... well. that's about it really.

BUT... I hope to make amends, and in as much as anything you believe on the Internet is concerned, I pledge... yes, pledge... that I'll post a new bit of rubbish every day for at least the next twelve.

And I'll even throw in a theme - the following is the first of a set of fun drawings I did for a calendar. It was a private commission by friends who have a healthy(ish) affection for sheep, and the ideas were conceived over several bottles of... well, see below...


JANUARY




I thought it might also be fun to have a little competition running alongside this, and so the first person to guess what the title of December's image will be (clue: it's the only one that's actually relevent) will win a signed print of that image, providing they're happy to trust me with their postal address. You'll hopefully get the idea of the thought process behind this over the next few days. Keep guessing - I won't say if anyone gets it right until the end, and if no-one does, I'll award the prize to the one I like best anyway.

8 comments:

  1. great cartoon steve ,will wait with anticipation for the others......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post Steve, and I'm liking the competition aspect too, I will get my thinking cap on and hopefully do better than I did with the last question you posed on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo we have a guess from Martin here...
    "Ewe-ltide"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Martin's poor brain cell is being overworked here, judging by his final suggestion: "Christmas is a time for shearing"!! Time for bed, I think. Um, is there a limit to the amount of guesses we can have? I think this could be addictive over the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha-ha! Guess away, Scotty and Martin - these are excellent. I think I'll almost certainly be awarding at least two prizes by the end of this, maybe more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely, Scotty's got it cracked with "Baaa-humbug".
    However, as a Scottish Highlander with an inborn appreciation of the aforementioned creatures, I'll go with "I wish ewe a Merry christmas---would you like to see my etchings?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what have I done? This is going to be so much harder than I thought...

    ReplyDelete